Works for recertification of API Puerto Vallarta as Clean Industry
From 4 to 7 August 2015, the Port Authority Puerto Vallarta, S.A. de C.V. faced the verification of its environmental performance by the company Bufette Engineering and Environmental Control, S.A. de C.V. with accreditation number UVPROFEPA010 aproved by the competent authority in order to develop necessary actions to get by the Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection renewing (PROFEPA) the Clean Industry certification for two more years. For this verification PROFEPA was present permanently.
Since 2002 Puerto Vallarta API undertook voluntarily to join the National Environmental Audit Program, being an environmental self-regulation mechanism by which PROFEPA through the Deputy Environmental Audit seeks to improve the environmental performance of business facilities, in order to have a higher performance than required by the Environmental Law. This way, every two years the entity has successfully renewed its Environmental Clean Industry Certificate, thereby endorsing our commitment to environmental management.
The works were performed according to the Mexican standard NMX-AA-162-SCFI-2012, ENVIRONMENTAL AUDIT - METHODOLOGY FOR AUDITING AND DIAGNOSTICS, ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE AND VERIFICATION OF THE ACTION PLAN - DETERMINING THE ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE OF A COMPANY - ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF AUDITORS, valid since December 2, 2013; for which the following activities were carried out:
- Tours of visual checks field.
- Review of the documents involved.
- Application of checklists, procedures, programs, protocols and that the environmental auditor considered suitable for the proper conduct of the audit.
- Running the inspections and tests (water, air, noise, non-destructive testing, etc.). Collection of information for determining the vulnerability of the environment.
- Identification of environmental impacts. Recognition of the surrounding society concerns regarding their environment.
- Identification, assessment and prioritization of environmental risks. Interviews with personnel involved, among others. Works for the API Puerto Vallarta recertification as Clean Industry
This resulted that now, the Port Authority of Puerto Vallarta complies with the requirements regarding environmental management. PROFEPA will review and opinion of the diagnosis made by accredited Verification Unit and the Entity can get certified at Level Environmental Performance NDA1, for two more years, if there is not any issue.